So, you’ve already bought a shiny new whip. You probably want it to last a long time. You know very well that a vehicle is a huge investment. We don’t need to tell you that. You’re spending money on a piece of machinery that you probably rely on, so why not protect it to keep it looking like new? But what can you possibly do to protect your new purchase?
Enter, Xpel Paint Protection Film.
What is Xpel Protective Film?
Professionally installed, Xpel acts as a protective layer for your paint that saves it from damage. Xpel is a clear film that can be installed on almost any exterior part of your vehicle, aside from windows and chrome pieces. Most drivers choose to install the protective film on the hood, fenders, mirrors, and/or front bumper of their vehicle. You can opt to outfit your entire vehicle if you really want to.
1. How is it Applied?
Xpel Protection Film application is a very tedious task. It takes a lot of patience and care to get the film applied properly.
- The applicator brings the vehicle in and examines the vehicle for any extra features (like sensors or tow hooks, for example).
- A special program has patterns for the vehicle and the applicator selects the patterns needed for the application. The pattern is printed and cut into the film.
- The applicator then begins cleaning the exterior of the vehicle. A clay bar is used to ensure there is no dirt, debris, or particles in the paint. The vehicle is wiped a final time with microfibre cloths and 99.9% alcohol.
- The car and film are sprayed with a mixture of water and soap to keep the film from sticking in order to ensure proper placement.
- The process of installing the film is next; a water and alcohol mixture is used to apply the film. The applicator then sprays and smooths out the film to its final spot to protect the vehicle.
2. How Long Does It Last?
Xpel offers uncompromised performance against stains, harsh airborne hazards, pollutants, and road hazards like rock chips, which means the protective film stays on the vehicle as long as it remains undamaged, which should be the life of the vehicle.
3. How Does the Paint Film Work?
The clear film is applied professionally to your vehicle’s exterior, blocking environmental hazards that could damage the vehicle’s finish. With exceptional puncture resistance, small rocks can no longer poke holes in paint. It sits on top of the paint and acts as a barrier.
4. What Does Xpel Resist?
In extreme conditions, almost anything! The protective film has been tested against motor oil, anti-freeze, gasoline, even hydrochloric acid – all with no effect on the paint film. The most notable is the gasoline, which would be the harshest concern on your vehicle, showed no effect when submerged for one hour.
In addition, the film shows impressive resistance to stones, scratches, and dings. If Xpel is scratched, the paint film has self-healing qualities. Truly! Over a period of time, heat or sun exposure shows the successful removal of minor scratches. If the scratch is deeper or really stubborn, hand or machine polishing can restore the film back to its pristine finish.
5. Is It Noticeable When Applied?
It’s virtually undetectable. Xpel is low-profile so when applied to partial areas, it’s less visible to the naked eye than the competitors. That being said, it’s not invisible: it still shows an “edge” when dust or dirt settle against it, so as long as your car is pretty clean, you won’t even notice it.
Are you interested in protecting your vehicle with a paint film? It’s a really great investment that will protect your new ride for years. If you’re ready to outfit your vehicle, give us a shout and we can help.